Students along with teachers of Department of Civil Engineering vis...
MESSAGE OF HOD
Civil Engineers play an essential role in the socio economic development of a country. The activities of the construction industry have great significance to the achievement of national socio-economic development goals of providing infrastructure and employment. The physical structures which you observe in your daily life like bridges, highways, dams, buildings, airports, railways and many more are designed, constructed and managed by Civil Engineers.
Pakistan is a developing country with much infrastructure that needs to be built in the coming years. Career opportunities of Civil Engineers have been manifold in recent years. They can work in government sectors like WASA, WAPDA, C & W, NHA, FWO, Irrigation etc or in private internationally renowned companies like NESPAK, ACE, DESCON, PES etc. Civil Engineers can also work as an entrepreneur and can start their own Construction and Design firm.
The faculty of the department is foreign qualified with professional experience. Department has state-of-the-art laboratories that can match International standards. We have designed our curriculum as per market need and are following Outcome Based Education System to provide students with high quality and distinctive knowledge.
The Department is offering Bachelor, Master and Doctor of Philosophy programs in Civil Engineering. Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Program at The University of Faisalabad prepares the graduates to think beyond core areas. Graduates can further specialize in the fields of Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Building & Architectural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Construction Engineering & Management, Water Resources Engineering & Management, Hydraulic Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Urban & Regional Planning and in many other relevant fields.
If you have a passion to build something that leaves your footprint on the world, then Civil Engineering is the right profession for you.
Dr. Khawaja Adeel Tariq
Head of Department
The vision of the Department of Civil Engineering Technology is to train students with the knowledge to become globally and socially dedicated professional civil engineers who will add as assets in the nation-building process.
To develop high quality civil engineers having a futuristic approach with qualities of leadership, professionalism and teamwork, through innovative and research oriented education for sustainable socio-economic development.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Graduates will have knowledge and skills to develop innovative and comprehensive solutions to complex civil engineering problems.
- PEO 2: Graduates will have leadership qualities for the uplifting of engineering profession based on technical and managerial skills.
- PEO 3: Graduates will have effective communication skills and professionalism to contribute in multi-disciplinary projects for economic development.
- PEO 4: Graduates will have lifelong professional learning and research abilities with special reference to social, environmental and ethical aspects.
Our Department created in 2015 with the prior approval from PEC and is located in Amin Campus. The Department is fully equipped with the state of the art laboratories, class rooms and the allied infrastructure. We have dedicated faculty in accordance with the requirements of the Department and per standards set out by the HEC/PEC. Our first badge has been passed out.
Department of Civil Engineering is accredited for the following batches:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Batch - 2015)
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Batch - 2016)
After completion of BS degree in CE our graduates shall be able to:
- Apply fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to solve problems related to civil engineering
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data in the interdisciplinary arena of Civil Engineering
- Design the fundamental components of a system or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, construct-ability, and sustainability.
- Function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve civil Engineering problems
- Understand the importance of professional and ethical responsibilities of Engineers
- Effectively communicate using written, oral, and graphical means
- Understand the impact of Civil Engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need for, and engage in, lifelong learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues in the Civil Engineering industry.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern Engineering tools necessary in Civil Engineering practice.
After earning the most popular Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from The University of Faisalabad, the students shall have lot of opportunities to serve the nation through various public service streams like C&W Department, WASAs, Development Authorities, Environmental Protection Agencies, Local Government Department, Tehsil Municipal Administrations (TMAs), Irrigation Department, Public Health Engineering Department, Pak PWD, Airport Development Authority, National Highway Authority, water wing of WAPDA and too many other nation building Departments, Project Management Units & National/ International Construction Companies.
Data Not Available
Data Not Available
Data Not Available
Modification of Major Intersections...
Evaluation and Improvement of Major...
Performance Evaluation of Filter Us...
K. A. Tariq ,...
Effect of limestone powder on the u...
Modeling of stress-strain relation...
Effect of partial replacement of ce...
Physio-Mechanical and Thermal Prope...
Student Societies are considered as one of the cardinal features of learning, The University of Faisalabad promotes the participation in variety of physical, intellectual, athletic and recreational activities, and provides students with opportunities to engage in the activities of their choice at various skill levels, providing virtual real-life environments that directly contribute to the development of student leadership amid increased collaboration between the individual club.
- Religious Society
- Literary Society
- Cultural Society
- Community Services Society
- Dramatic Society
- Musical Society
- Art Society
- Publication Society
- Society for skincare
- Sports Society
- Blood Donors Society
- Model United Nation Society
- Photography Society
- Adventure Society
- Student Welfare Society
- Character Building Society
- Rehabilitation Society
Amna Hall, Khadija Hall, Ayesha Hall, Fatima Hall, Zainab Hall, Ruqaiya Hall, and TUFIANS are hostels having furnished rooms to accommodate more than 1200 students. These halls provide a number of facilities including TV lounges, common rooms, study rooms, Wi-Fi, prayer rooms and kitchens. All students residing in the hostel are expected to conform to rules and regulations framed from time to time.
Food catering service having a wide range of quality snacks and meals at modest prices is available throughout the day.
Branches of Habib Metropolitan Bank are opened for facilitating the students and employees of the university in making financial transactions. ATM machines are also installed in the University.
The university has out-sourced transport to facilitate students in their pick and drop from and to the University.