Program: Doctor of Pathology
Short Title: DPA
Duration: 10 Semesters (5 years)
Credit Hours: 174
Eligibility: FSc Pre Medical with minimum 50% marks or equivalent.
This program will enable students to cope with the rapid advancement in the field of Pathology. It will provide opportunity for clinical / medical lab professionals to excel in their field.
- To provide the knowledge and technical skills to obtain national certification at the scientist level of practice.
- To make graduates proficient in performing the full range of clinical laboratory tests in areas of hematology, clinical biochemistry, immunohematology, histopathology, microbiology, serology/immunology, coagulation and molecular diagnostics.
- To play a role in the development and evaluation of test systems and interpretive algorithms.
- To make graduates capable of having diverse responsibilities in areas of analysis and provide right assistance to pathologists in clinical decision-making, regulatory compliance with applicable regulations, education, and quality management.
- To provide fundamental knowledge and skills, to communicate with the members of the healthcare team, customer service and patient
- To make graduates capable of financial and human resource management of the laboratory
- To enable graduates to provide cost-effective, high-quality, value-added laboratory services
After the completion of the degree, the graduates of Doctors of Pathology can work in:
- Clinical laboratories at Hospitals
- Medical colleges and Universities
- Reference labs
- Biotechnology labs
- Industry (food, Vaccine, Pharmaceutical)
- Research centers
- Forensic science labs
They can also serve as:
- Laboratory specialists