M Phil Pharmaceutics and Pharmacology
Each program will be of 4 Semesters (2 years) duration
30 (24 credit hours of course work and 6 credit hours of research thesis)
i. Candidate seeking admission should be Pharmacy Graduate, MBBS, BDS or DVM. Fifty percent
seats (50%) will be for Pharmacy Graduates where as rest of the seats will be equally divided
between MBBS, BDS and DVM. Seats left in any category will be filled by open merit by the
ii. Minimum CGPA for admission in M Phil must be 2.5 or first division i. e 60% marks in annual
Health Sciences Campus (females)
The University has a large setup of labs concerning Pharmaceutics,Pharmacologyandrelated disciplines. With highly qualified faculty and available infrastructure the University has started M Phil programs in Pharmaceutics and Pharmacology.
- The students will have to complete successfully minimum of 30 credit hours for the degree.
- The first two semesters will be of course work which will be of 24 Credit Hours and next two semesters will be for research work and thesis (6 Credit Hours).
Our programs have been planned to develop competence through extensive course work followed by research and to:
- Prepare young pharmacists to work in research projects for the promotion of pharmaceutical industry.
- Impart high tech services in health care settings especially in drug development and drugs.
- To train the personnel for regulatory services at national as well as international levels.
- Carry out toxicological studies and Therapeutic monitoring.Explore potential use of herbal medicine.
- Develop linkages of pharmacists with medical professionals for improving the dispensing of medicines in hospitals.