MESSAGE OF HOS
The construction industry plays an essential role in the socio economic development of a country. The activities of the industry have great significance to the achievement of national socio-economic development goals of providing infrastructure and employment. It includes hospitals, schools, townships, offices, houses and other buildings urban infrastructure (including water supply, sewerageand drainage), highways, roads, ports, railways, airports, power systems, irrigation and agriculture systems, telecommunications etc.
After HSSC / A-Level, many students are interested in engineering and want to start their career as Engineer. There are many fields like Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, chemical and Computer etc. But sometimes, students are confused to choose the appropriate field of study for them. All fields have nearly same growth and scope , however, demand of Civil Engineers now-a-days is on the boom due to the reason that the Public Sector as well as Private Sector are allocating huge funds for the development of infrastructure. Resultantly, the salaries of Civil Engineers in the current scenario are very high as compared to their contemporaries.
To fulfill the needs of the market, The University of Faisalabad has started this highly-demanded discipline since 2015 after seeking necessary approvals from Pakistan Engineering Council.
To produce outstanding Civil Engineering Graduates, responsible for playing a leading role in infrastructure development through best practices of planning, designing and implementation as well as through high ethical standards.
To develop highly competent and dedicated Civil Engineering Professionals for societal leadership in accordance with the Islamic Values.
- Fundamental Knowledge: Graduates of the program will be skilled in the fundamental principles of mathematics, science, and four sub-disciplines in Civil Engineering that are necessary for success in industry or graduate school.
- Specialization: Graduates of the program will be proficient in each of the four sub-fields of Civil Engineering to an extent that they can pursue careers in those fields or in related inter-disciplinary fields that benefit from a strong background in Applied Sciences and Engineering.
- Design Skills: Graduates of the program will be skilled in problem solving, design and interpretation of experiments, and operating within a team environment for the solution of design problems in their chosen field.
- Professional Skills: Graduates of the program will be capable of operating effectively in a professional environment by demonstrating technical communication skills, the ability to procure work, the ability to interact effectively with construction professionals, and an understanding of both ethical issues in Civil Engineering and the importance of Civil Engineering work to society.
- Lifelong Learning: Graduates of the program will be prepared to continue their professional development based on their awareness of professional society activities, professional requirements, and opportunities for further education in graduate school.
Our school created in 2015 with the prior approval from PEC and is located in Amin Campus. The School is fully equipped with the state of the art laboratories, class rooms and the allied infrastructure. We have dedicated faculty in accordance with the requirements of the school and per standards set out by the HEC/PEC. Our first badge has been passed out.
After completion of BS degree in CE our graduates shall be able to:
- Apply fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to solve problems related to civil engineering
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data in the interdisciplinary arena of Civil Engineering
- Design the fundamental components of a system or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, construct-ability, and sustainability.
- Function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve civil Engineering problems
- Understand the importance of professional and ethical responsibilities of Engineers
- Effectively communicate using written, oral, and graphical means
- Understand the impact of Civil Engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need for, and engage in, lifelong learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues in the Civil Engineering industry.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern Engineering tools necessary in Civil Engineering practice.
After earning the most popular Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from The University of Faisalabad, the students shall have lot of opportunities to serve the nation through various public service streams like C&W Department, WASAs, Development Authorities, Environmental Protection Agencies, Local Government Department, Tehsil Municipal Administrations (TMAs), Irrigation Department, Public Health Engineering Department, Pak PWD, Airport Development Authority, National Highway Authority, water wing of WAPDA and too many other nation building Departments, Project Management Units & National/ International Construction Companies.
No Post Found
The University of Faisalabad brings together its students, educators, researchers and scholars, as well as innovators and entrepreneurs on one forum by conducting numerous conferences throughout the year to promote emerging fields of medical, arts, science and technology midst the institute. At TUF, we ensure inflow of academic excellence along with building national and international stature of the institute by establishing best practices in education, research, infrastructure development, innovation & commercialization and community development. Hence we focus in developing internal capacity and reinforcing our sublime objectives through focused foreign visits, student and faculty exchanges & international consultative seminars and workshops etc.
Student Societies are considered as one of the cardinal features of learning, The University of Faisalabad promotes the participation in variety of physical, intellectual, athletic and recreational activities, and provides students with opportunities to engage in the activities of their choice at various skill levels, providing virtual real-life environments that directly contribute to the development of student leadership amid increased collaboration between the individual club.
- Religious Society
- Literary Society
- Cultural Society
- Community Services Society
- Dramatic Society
- Musical Society
- Art Society
- Publication Society
- Sports Society
- Blood Donors Society
- Model United Nation Society
- Photography Society
- Adventure Society
- Student Welfare Society
- Character Building Society
- Rehabilitation Society
Amna Hall, Khadija Hall, Ayesha Hall, Fatima Hall, Zainab Hall, Ruqaiya Hall, and TUFIANS are hostels having furnished rooms to accommodate more than 1200 students. These halls provide a number of facilities including TV lounges, common rooms, study rooms, Wi-Fi, prayer rooms and kitchens. All students residing in the hostel are expected to conform to rules and regulations framed from time to time.
Food catering service having a wide range of quality snacks and meals at modest prices is available throughout the day.
Branches of Habib Metropolitan Bank are opened for facilitating the students and employees of the university in making financial transactions. ATM machines are also installed in the University.
The university has out-sourced transport to facilitate students in their pick and drop from and to the University.