MESSAGE OF HOS
The world of Islam, in general and Pakistan in particular, is confronted with many problems and challenges, the solution of which lies only in following the teachings of Islam in letter and spirit. The curriculum of Islamic Sciences, therefore, has been designed to acquaint the students with as much Islamic knowledge as can enable them to cope with the situation for which they must have command over basic sources of Islam and should also have full knowledge of the history of Pakistan Movement. Arabic being the oldest and the most scientific living language of the world and the medium of communication of Holy Prophet (SAW) and language of the Holy Qur’an has its own importance among the international languages. Therefore a reasonable number of courses of Arabic language have been included at BS, and MA level for better understanding of the concepts and details required. Hopefully the students will have good command over the language before they graduate from the university. The School of Arabic and Islamic Sciences strives to provide students with the advanced practical, critical and interpretative skills vital for success career in this increasingly competitive environment as well as demands of language and literature. Short courses concerning Fehm-e-Qur’an & Hadith, Functional English and Computer are being conducted under the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. The comprehensive study of these courses will help the students to get easy access for jobs and also for more comfortable living in middle east countries. These courses are open for university students as well as outsides.
The vision of School of Arabic and Islamic studies is to be recognized as a leader in Islamic education and research through excellence in education and targeted research themes in emerging areas.
Arabic & Islamic Studies department is to provide the theological, spiritual and religious standing to the society of Islamic Republic of Pakistan .The students of the department must be able to solve the contemporary issues and introduce Islam as religion of peace, tolerance and mutual harmony to the people of Pakistan. The department of Islamic sciences is striving with missionary spirit for the upbringing of the students according to the parameters of Islamic education. Focus of the department is on character building of students in the light of Quran and Sunnah so that they may be able to get actual insight of religion and contemporary worldwide issue in the right perspective as well. Main objective of this program is to make students capable of preaching Islamic Teachings as per the Introduction of Islam as the religion of peace, tolerance and mutual harmony.
BS(Hons)MA. M.Phil and Ph.D in Arabic and Islamic Studies is a program developed for the future requirements of globally connected Islamic Society. It aims at preparing graduates equipped with leadership qualities and professional expertise besides excellence in Arabic and Islamic Studies.
On successful Completion of these programs The University of Faisalabad aspires its graduates to have emerged contribution towards the development of new socio-economic horizon in the community. The academic achievement of these programs have been envisaged in its principal goals and objectives determined as under:
• To evolve a strong mechanism for producing generation of scholars committed to play a vital role in the enhancement of its Islamic culture and civilization.
• Create better understanding of Islam and Contemporary challenge faced by the Muslim Ummah.
• Prepare Scholars, who can participate in advance research activities.
• To produce visionary creative and sound professionals applying their knowledge effectively and efficiently.
• To ensure regular academic environment in each discipline in order to meet the higher standards of education.
• To develop scholastic attitude and collective struggle among graduates for understanding research based on real quest for knowledge and true spirit of Islamic civilization.
• To create a favorable environment for prosperity development of character building and professional excellence.
• To create awareness and motivation among masses through our graduates for adopting life styles based on universal principal of justice fraternity and brotherhood.
• To produce graduates with job creating abilities through discovering new fields of operation like Islamic Banking.
• To develop excellent career in research and development.
• To provide consultancy and advisory services rendered to the public and private organizations.
• Establish a cadre of professionals in the domain of Islamic Studies who can be potential candidates of post-graduate and doctorate level studies.
• To Provide in depth knowledge of basic Islamic Sciences such as al-Quran, al-Hadith, and al-Fiqh, Islamic History, Islamic Thought, Seerah, Economics, Islamic Culture and Islamic Civilization.
• To have a vast scope of socio-economic management.
• Make the Students of Islamic Studies Capable of understanding and solving current contemporary issues in the light of Islamic teaching.
• May Almighty Allah guide and help us in achieving the goal across the globe. (Aameen)
School of Arabic and Islamic Studies is one of the oldest school of, The University of Faisalabad and was founded in 2002 to fulfill the need of scholars of Islamic studies and Arabic. The program integrates modern professional skills with core Islamic Studies and social disciplines.
The faculty of Arabic and Islamic studies after realizing its significance has started BS programs both in Islamic Studies and Arabic and research projects from BS to Post graduate levels. It has open opportunities for the youth to do research work at M Phil level leading to attaining PhD. It provides the theological, spiritual and religious standing to the society of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Our students must be able to solve the contemporary issues and introduce Islam as a religion of peace, tolerance and mutual harmony to the people of Pakistan.
Arabic language is one of the advanced languages of the world. In spite of being the oldest language it stand amongst the living languages of the world. Its importance in Muslim society or a country becomes utmost and especially for us in Pakistan. Moreover, the majesty of the Muslim civilization, culture and the salinity of the Muslim Arab found in this prestigious language. Short courses concerning Fehm-e-Qur’an and Dor-e-Tafseer e Quran also offered. School also conducted different seminars, workshops and conferences in respect of different Islamic events, religious personalities and contemporary issues in the field of Islamic Studies and Arabic throughout the year in collaboration with Religious Society of The University of Faisalabad.
On completion of the program the graduates will have profound capabilities to serve the nation in true spirit of Islam. They are providing their services in educational research and religious institutions.