MESSAGE OF HOS
With immense pleasure, I take this opportunity to welcome you all to the School of Nutrition and Dietetics, The University of Faisalabad. I congratulate all the students selected for admission here in their chosen fields of study.
School of Nutrition and Dietetics is one of the premier units of the University dedicated to advancing the knowledge, contributing to the careers of undergraduate and graduate students in the discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics. Since its inception in the year 2012, the School has been struggling hard to pursue its mission and objectives towards producing skilled technical experts in the field.
We have embarked upon offering multiple opportunities to advance the education on Nutrition and Dietetics to the professionals.
Our School is committed to produce highly skilled health professionals that will serve the country and overseas, with advanced nutrition knowledge and practice. We shall achieve this cherished goal by imparting the knowledge, skills and attitudes in the students to undertake quality education in the subject. We shall also make them understand the importance of inter-disciplinary approaches toward managing community health and nutritional problems to promote nutritional status and well-being of people.
After successful completion of the programs, our outgoing nutrition expert may get absorbed for job in various government and private sector organizations, research planning and development, community nutrition development programs, international organizations such as UNICEF, FAO, WHO etc., multinational companies, pharmaceutical and food industries, to name few.
PROF.DR.SYED JAWWAD HUSAIN
Head of School
To impart nutrition education and training in individuals based on research interventions to develop new functional foods towards the attainment of better nutritional status and prevention of diseases in the community.
- Interpret and translate the science of nutrition and dietetics into practical information.
- Implant nutritional knowledge to promote nutritional status, improve food choices, and well-being of the community.
- Promote a culturally diverse research environment by providing enhanced nutrition education and skills.
- Influence and contribute to a safe, secured and nutritious food supply.
- Develop ability to self-manage nutritional and clinical care in the community.
In the event of various progressively prevalent food and nutrition-related health problems of the country, there is a need to address them through management employing the best nutrition and dietetics principles to make Pakistan healthier.
School of Dietetics and Nutritional Sciences (previously Nutrition and Dietetics) was established in the year 2012 within the premises of Health Sciences Wing to launch 10-semester graduate degree program leading to the degree of Doctor of Dietetics and Nutritional Sciences (DDNS). The School also offers post-graduate degree program of M.Phil in Dietetics and Nutritional Sciences. The School is equipped with state of the art facilities to carry out practical and research-based experiments in its therapeutic food product development and nutritional chemistry laboratories. Highly qualified and conscientious faculty, in possession of Ph.D and M.Phil degrees in the subject are available to impart the best possible subjective knowledge to the students. Grooming of students is also accomplished by providing them opportunities for various curricular and extra-curricular activities carried out in the University from time to time. By the running year of 2019, the number of passed out DDNS classes has swelled to 3 including more than 70 students.
Our nutrition graduates may find jobs in both public and private sector organizations inside or outside the country as indicated below:
- Public Health Departments
- School Health & Nutrition Programs
- Research and Teaching Institutes
- International Organizations: UNICEF, UNDP, WHO, FAO, World Bank
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Community Development Programs
- Motivational Speakers
- Multinational Companies
- Independent Private Practice
- Food Industries
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Hospitality Industry
- Consultant for Private Companies and Hospitals
- Airlines and Railways Services
- Catering Services
- Health Care Centers
- Public Health departments in Middle East, Europe etc.
- Independent Private Practice as registered dietitians