MESSAGE OF HOS
It is a great honor for me to be a founding Head of School of this prestigious institute. School of Rehabilitation Sciences plays a leading role in the development and innovation in rehabilitation sciences since 2009with the mission to have quality education for students and excellence in patient care. Rehabilitation is an integrated branch of medicine and allied health sciences which is an essential segment of modern healthcare system. It is “a science of healing and art of caring”.
Our educational programs are accredited from Higher Education Commission. We use blended learning techniques with face to face and digital resources to teach basic sciences, clinical sciences, research methodology, workshops, seminars and clinical studies which are intended to plan and apply the treatment protocols that we mentioned above in a real patient set up “ Madinah Teaching Hospital and state of the art infrastructure.
Faculty of School of Rehabilitation Sciences has great achievements in the past years. The concept of specialization in many areas of rehabilitation has been introduced in post-graduation programs. We do offer summer internships and clinical applications in the very important fields of physiotherapy and rehabilitation as neurological rehabilitation, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, pediatric rehabilitation, orthopedic rehabilitation, post-operative rehabilitation in different organizations and institutions.
Our vision is to excel students who would be transforming agents in health care profession to achieve the Triple Aim of better care for community, innovation and research and lowered cost of health care through continuous quality improvement.
The mission of The School of Rehabilitation Sciences is to prepare future doctors for advance rehabilitation practices by empowering youth through education and mentorship, delivering basic and clinical research and services to the profession and communities.
- To equip students with basic medical knowledge.
- To Provision of sound foundation in patient assessment, counseling and rehab on short term and long term basis.
- To produce qualified physical therapists for hospitals, academic settings, sports settings, fitness centers and research organizations.
- To provide appropriate cost effective treatment plans for patients and clients.
- To develop and maintain collaboration with national and international bodies concerned with physical therapy services.
- To provide leadership, management, successful oral and written communication skills and apply high standards of professional integrity and ethical values.
School of Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Faisalabad is one of the pioneer institutions to start 5 years degree program as “Doctor of Physical Therapy” in 2009 to provide comprehensive training in the core areas of Musculoskeletal, Neurology, Cardiopulmonary, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Integumentary, Pediatrics Physical Therapy, followed by the commencement of Masters in Sciences (MS) Musculoskeletal, Cardiopulmonary & Neurology as well as Master in Philosophy (MPhil) in Physical Therapy. These programs are offered in state of the art, conducive learning environment with modern learning resources especially real patient clinical settings for community rehabilitation.
by the end of this five year program, graduates will be able to perform their role as:
- Cosmetic scientist: Consultants and team leader in pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry regarding production, quality assurance, marketing and research of skin care products.
- Cosmetologist: GUIDE clients regarding skin care and perform noninvasive cosmetics procedures independently.
- Physician associate: Work with Dermatologist as part of a skin care tea, in patient management and invasive procedures
- Academician: pursuit an academic career in allied health sciences undergraduate program.