Seminar on Road Safety Awareness

The University of Faisalabad in collaboration with National High Way and Motorways Police organized a seminar on Road Safety awareness on December 20, 2016. Firstly Dr Zahid Masood HoD Community Medicine gave an introductory lecture on road safety measures. Mr Javed Iqbal In charge Mobile Emergency Unit gave a detail presentation on the road side accidents. In his presentation he thoroughly discussed the safety measures that can save a human life. He stressed that one should be visible on the road and use zebra crossing while crossing the road. In his presentation he shared some of the terrible life risking facts. In the entire road side accidents 84% loss is because of human faults while other remaining factors are 16 %.According to a report approximately 12000 persons are killed in road accidents annually in Pakistan.

 

After that Mr Masroor Alam Kolachi, PSP SSP/Sector Commander M-2 (South) & M-3/M-4 said that our main purpose to conduct this seminar is to spread awareness among the masses about traffic rules and regulations. He said that educated women can guide their family members in a better way for the avoidance of road side emergencies. There was also a question answer session in which students asked different question regarding to road side safety. The chief Guest of the event Prof Dr Abdul Majeed Rector TUF Thanked the honourable guests for arranging such a useful seminar. He urged that nations are recognized by road disciplines and we must observe road rules. The Honorable Guest Mr Masroor Alam Kolachi, PSP and Rector TUF were also interview by the 92 News Channel HD. Seminar was concluded with National Anthem.