MESSAGE OF HOD
Dr Shahid Ahmed Heera; PT
Head of Department
- To equip students with basic medical knowledge.
- To Provision of sound foundation in patient assessment, counseling and rehab on short term and long term basis.
- To produce qualified physical therapists for hospitals, academic settings, sports settings, fitness centers and research organizations.
- To provide appropriate cost effective treatment plans for patients and clients.
- To develop and maintain collaboration with national and international bodies concerned with physical therapy services.
- To provide leadership, management, successful oral and written communication skills and apply high standards of professional integrity and ethical values.
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Faisalabad is one of the pioneer institutions to start 5 years degree program as “Doctor of Physical Therapy” in 2009 to provide comprehensive training in the core areas of Musculoskeletal, Neurology, Cardiopulmonary, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Integumentary, Pediatrics Physical Therapy, followed by the commencement of Masters in Sciences (MS) Musculoskeletal, Cardiopulmonary & Neurology as well as Master in Philosophy (MPhil) in Physical Therapy. These programs are offered in state of the art, conducive learning environment with modern learning resources especially real patient clinical settings for community rehabilitation.
1) Clinical practitioner in acute care hospitals, rehabilitation centers and NGO’s.
2) Out-Patient clinical specialist.
3) Patient hospital consultant.
4) Geriatric and Gerontology specialist.
5) Sports Trauma specialist.
6) Specialties based clinical practice in hospitals.
7) Community based rehabilitation expert in special education schools.
8) Fitness instructor in fitness centers.
9) Ergonomist/work setting expert.
10) Physical therapist in Industrial or Occupational Environment.
11) Opportunities in academic settings.
12) Evidence based research officers
13) Policy makers in Local state and federal government.
14) Nursing homes.
High-paying specialties for physical therapists:
1) Sports Physical Therapist
2) Cardiovascular Physical Therapist
3) Geriatrics Physical Therapist
4) Neuromusculoskeletal Physical Therapist
5) Pediatrics Physical Therapist
6) Musculoskeletal Physical Therapist
7) Women's Health Physical Therapist
8) Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapist
Face Painting CompetitionDepartment of Rehabilitation Sciences
Faculty of Medicine & Allied...