MESSAGE OF HOD
Ms Afsheen Javaid
Head of Department
The program should be developed to achieve the following objectives:
- To fulfill a need for high quality manpower in designing, planning and managing the built environment at national & international level creating designers with advanced creative approaches towards real-time issues in the contemporary world.
- To address the need for training of professionals who are ethically sensitive to the norms, needs and values of the society and the profession reflecting curiosity, flexibility, empathy, imagination, expansive thinking and critical analysis not only in design but also in their various ways of life.
- To provide an opportunity for students towards specialized design pedagogy suited to their interest and needs situated in between boundaries of landscape, lighting, furniture & architecture design.
- To generate a pool of highly trained and skilled practitioners, researchers, educators and also provide resource to building interiors who understand the norms of spatial environments and how they influence our practices in life.
- To promote effective studio teaching and collaborative learning through multiple disciplines & mediums imploring concepts, strategies, codes & techniques and structure a framework that develops a sound multi-disciplinary approach towards design.
Design and Interiors Department is stands pioneer in design education not only in Faisalabad but across entire country. Our Bachelor of Interior Design program initiated in 2014, has successfully flourished producing ambitious graduates who are able to combine design competence with manufacturing dexterity to create products that are functional and aesthetically appealing. We equip the students with higher sensitivity and efficient skills in dealing with designs tackling the national as well as regional issues through input from a variety of specialized subject matter relevant to aspirations of national, regional, institutional and professional needs and opportunities. We also offer Bachelor degree program in Fine arts and Graphic design and Master degree program in Interior design further expanding our domain in integrated art & design pedagogy aptly supported and vitalized by institutional resources and expertise.
ROLE AND SCOPE
The degrees offered by our department incorporates an array of tools, strategies and design thinking methodologies over the period of 8 semesters that enable students to become adaptive, multidisciplinary artists & designers majoring in Painting, Sculpture, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Fine Arts and Visual Arts. We encourage our students to observe global trends in design and contemporary lifestyles while providing thoughtful, human-centric and holistic solutions to complex design problems. Developing a concept-oriented approach our students explore gesture, improvisation, and relational compositions, as well as historical and cultural allusions, context and hence develop individual sensibilities while establishing an effective process of inquiry, reflection & invention.
Students are eligible to apply for admission if they have successfully completed your FA/FSc. with 50% marks (2nd division) or have an A level pass in three subjects (IBCC equivalence certificate is required), or an equivalent national or international qualification.
- Interior Designers
- Kitchen & Bath Design
- Sustainable & Ecofriendly Designers
- Landscape Designers
- Lighting Designers
- Furniture Designers
- Healthcare Designers
- Corporate Identity Developers
- Visual Merchandisers
- Event Planners/ Organizers
- Exhibition Designers
- Art therapist
- Museum Curators
- Visual Artists
- Miniature Painters
- Graphic Designers
- Web Designers
- Multimedia Animators
- User Experience Designer
Calligraphy CompetitionDepartment of Design and Interiors
Faculty of Arts & Social Sci...