MESSAGE OF HOD
Prof Dr Matloob Ahmed
Head of Department
Main Objective of this department is to introduce Islam as the religion of peace, tolerance and mutual harmony. The academic achievement of program has been envisaged in its principal goals and objectives determined as under:
• Reconstruction of Islamic Thought and Civilization through teaching and research in modern perspective based on the Qur'an and Sunnah.
• To evolve strong mechanism for producing generation of scholar committed to play a vital role in the enhancement of if Islamic culture and civilization.
• To develop scholastic attitude and collective struggle among graduates for understanding research based on real quest of knowledge and true spirit of Islamic civilization.
• To create awareness and motivation among masses through our graduates for adopting life style based on universal principle of justice, fraternity and brotherhood.
• To acquaint students with similar efforts in other parts of the world.
• To promote the tolerance, brotherhood, unity among the Muslim Ummah, moderation, broadmindedness, love with mortal and other values through academic activities.
Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies is one of the oldest Department of, The University of Faisalabad and was founded in 2002 to fulfill the need of scholars of Islamic studies and Arabic. The program integrates modern professional skills with core Islamic Studies and social disciplines.
The faculty of Arabic and Islamic studies after realizing its significance has started BS programs both in Islamic Studies and Arabic and research projects from BS to Post graduate levels. It has open opportunities for the youth to do research work at M Phil level leading to attaining PhD. It provides the theological, spiritual and religious standing to the society of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Our students must be able to solve the contemporary issues and introduce Islam as a religion of peace, tolerance and mutual harmony to the people of Pakistan.
Arabic language is one of the advanced languages of the world. In spite of being the oldest language it stand amongst the living languages of the world. Its importance in Muslim society or a country becomes utmost and especially for us in Pakistan. Moreover, the majesty of the Muslim civilization, culture and the salinity of the Muslim Arab found in this prestigious language. Short courses concerning Fehm-e-Qur’an and Dor-e-Tafseer e Quran also offered. Department also conducted different seminars, workshops and conferences in respect of different Islamic events, religious personalities and contemporary issues in the field of Islamic Studies and Arabic throughout the year in collaboration with Religious Society of The University of Faisalabad.
On completion of the program the graduates will have profound capabilities to serve the nation in true spirit of Islam. They are providing their services in educational research and religious institutions.
All degree program of Department of Arabic and Islamic studies aims at producing graduates with job creating abilities through discovering new fields of operations as well as developing new strategies of work. Equipped with the abilities to use modern techniques and skills, they will become eligible for tremendous job opportunities in both public and private sectors particularly in following areas:
• Teaching in educational institutes on different levels
• Great opportunities in Embassies
• Served as a Translators
• Great opportunities Awuqaf
• Human resource Development programs
• Banking sector, particularly Islamic banking operations
• Excellent career in research and development
• A broad spectrum of socio religious community services especially those of civil society organizations
• A vast scope of socio commercial management
Mehfil-e-Mushaira “Manaqib-e- Ehl-e-Bait...Arabic & Islamic Studies
Faculty of Arts & Social Sci...
TUF signs MoU with SOS Children’s Villag...Arabic & Islamic Studies
Faculty of Management Studie...
Importance of Holy Month of Zil-HajjArabic & Islamic Studies
Faculty of Arts & Social Sci...