As per Qualification & Experience
No. of Vacancies
- Provides a range of programs, services and material / literature that strengthen the students’ purposeful participation in the issues that face our global society and that promote the students’ lively commitment to his/her own physical and / or spiritual well being.
- Provide skill and expertise in the University’s initiatives, such as digital library, distance learning.
- Engage in the selection, acquisition, organization and preservation of integrated collection of books and journals. Creatively manage access and deliver in an expanding rich environment of global electronic resources.
- Develop and maintain system for organizing the library holdings to facilitate the needs of the students and to be responsible for the maintenance in good order and condition of the holdings of the library equipments and for the protection and security thereof.
- Arrange the books in shelves in the library according to subject wise classification.
- Arrange the seats in the library in a manner that should not disturb others.
- Maintain shelf and book cleanliness.
- Maintain to repair all library equipments.
- Develop and maintain system to list and record library holdings, acquisitions and registration of students for the purpose of issuance of books on loans and consultation transactions in the library.
- Perform routine maintenance of books and other material, reviews books, periodicals and collections, which are out dated or not used and coordinate removal and disposition.
- File cards and data into computers.
- Maintain the discipline of the library and maintain issuance record of books.
- Issue reminders to students to return the books after due date.
- Make arrangements to charge a fine after the due date of return of a book i.e. after days
MPhil/Master in Library and Information Science with specialization in Library Automation and having minimum 3 years experience preferably in a University.