Within 4 to 5 years of students graduating with a degree from Physics at TUF, an alumnus should have the knowledge and skills to:
1. Find and evaluate data, models, hypotheses, and conclusions published in publicly available scientific literature. Apply knowledge and techniques from physics, mathematics, and computing to help solve scientific problems.
2. Conduct an independent scientific investigations.
3. Make cogent presentations of scientific data, observations, interpretations, and conclusions in written and oral formats.
4. Be aware of scientific issues that affect society at large. Collaborate with others, including multidisciplinary groups, to solve scientific problems, and to recognize ethical issues in each respective profession.
5. Understand the need for, and develop the abilities to engage in, lifelong learning.
Physics is an engaged learning community advancing education and knowledge, enhancing civic and cultural awareness, and fostering partnerships through comprehensive outreach programs. Our students learn by doing through hands-on experience in the laboratory and field, applied technical writing and presentation skill development, and professional growth opportunities. We prepare our graduates to live wisely in a diverse and global community, and to succeed in postgraduate academic programs or meet the demands of the 21st Century workplace.
8 Semesters, 4 years
F.Sc pre Engineering or equivalent with minimum 45% marks.