School of Nutrition and Dietetics, was established at the Health Sciences Wing (for girls) in the year 2012, with the initiation of 10-semester undergraduate program leading to the Degree of Doctor of Diet & Nutrition Sciences (DND). Since this program is running very successfully, we have now embarked upon starting M.phil (4 semesters) degree program in the subject of Nutrition and Dietetics.
In the eventuality of various prevalent nutrition-related health problems of the country, there is need to address and manage them employing the best nutrition rules and principles to make Pakistan healthier. Both of the programmes of the School suffice best to impart in the students advanced and new knowledge of nutritional science.
Impart education and training in individuals on research-based interventions towards developing new functional foods in attainment of better nutritional status and prevention of disease.
- Interpret and translate the science of nutrition and dietetics into practical information.
- Implant nutritional knowledge to promote nutritional status, improve food choices, and well-being of the community.
- Promote a culturally diverse research environment by providing enhanced nutrition education and skills.
- Influence and contribute to a safe, secured and nutritious food supply.
- Develop ability to self-manage nutritional and clinical care in the community.
- Nutrition Educationists
- Nutrition Consultants
- Public Health Nutritionists
- Clinical Dieticians
- Food Service Administrators
- Nutrition and Health Expert
- Weight Management Expertise
- Therapeutic Diet Planning
Our nutrition graduates may find jobs in both public and private sector organizations inside or outside the country as indicated below:
- Public Health Departments
- School Health & Nutrition Programs
- Research and Teaching Institutes
- International Organizations: UNICEF, UNDP, WHO, FAO, World Bank
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Community Development Programs
- Motivational Speakers
- Multinational Companies
- Independent Private Practice
- Food Industries
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Hospitality Industry
- Consultant for Private Companies and Hospitals
- Airlines and Railways Services
- Catering Services
- Health Care Centers
- Public Health departments in Middle East, Europe etc.
- Independent Private Practice as registered dietitians