To produce outstanding Civil Engineering Graduates, responsible for playing a leading role in infrastructure development through best practices of planning, designing and implementation as well as through high ethical standards.
Civil Engineering Objectives
- Fundamental Knowledge: Graduates of the program will be skilled in the fundamental principles of mathematics, science, and four sub-disciplines in Civil Engineering that are necessary for success in industry or graduate school.
- Specialization: Graduates of the program will be proficient in each of the four sub-fields of Civil Engineering to an extent that they can pursue careers in those fields or in related inter-disciplinary fields that benefit from a strong background in Applied Sciences and Engineering.
- Design Skills: Graduates of the program will be skilled in problem solving, design and interpretation of experiments, and operating within a team environment for the solution of design problems in their chosen field.
- Professional Skills: Graduates of the program will be capable of operating effectively in a professional environment by demonstrating technical communication skills, the ability to procure work, the ability to interact effectively with construction professionals, and an understanding of both ethical issues in Civil Engineering and the importance of Civil Engineering work to society.
- Lifelong Learning: Graduates of the program will be prepared to continue their professional development based on their awareness of professional society activities, professional requirements, and opportunities for further education in graduate school.
Civil Engineering Student Outcomes
After completion of BS degree in CE our graduates shall be able to:
- Apply fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to solve problems related to civil engineering
b. Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data in the interdisciplinary arena of Civil Engineering
c. Design the fundamental components of a system or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, construct- ability, and sustainability
d. Function on multi-disciplinary teams
e. Identify, formulate, and solve civil Engineering problems
f. Understand the importance of professional and ethical responsibilities of Engineers
g. Effectively communicate using written, oral, and graphical means
h. Understand the impact of Civil Engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
i. Recognize the need for, and engage in, lifelong learning
j. A knowledge of contemporary issues in the Civil Engineering industry
k. Use the techniques, skills, and modern Engineering tools necessary in Civil Engineering practice.
After earning the most popular Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from The University of Faisalabad, the students shall have lot of opportunities to serve the nation through various public service streams like C&W Department, WASAs, Development Authorities, Environmental Protection Agencies, Local Government Department, Tehsil Municipal Administrations (TMAs), Irrigation Department, Public Health Engineering Department, Pak PWD, Airport Development Authority, National Highway Authority, water wing of WAPDA and too many other nation building Departments, Project Management Units & National/ International Construction Companies.